Tuesday 16 August 2011

August 10- Round 3


Again I woke up without a hangover. This is getting very unreal since I used to get massive hangover and would feel bad for days afterwards. I then popped out to Tesco to get milk and cereal for breakfast. Chris actually had a day off (well, that was the plan but he did have a meeting and stuff) so after a bit of chillin, a quick shower and my cereal we headed in on the bus (pouring rain all day. Send it to London and fix their problems. The world should just trade weather with itself. How awesome would that be?)

Chris and I split up for a few hours with plans to meet up at BrewDog around 6 so I had a few hours to go and kick around the city doing the usual. Pleasance for free tickets. Again, I scored some. A sketch comedy show which I was skeptical about but hey, that’s the theme.

I went to the box office with the ticket bit and dropped the secret words (like a spy would. Pretty cool eh?) and got my ticket. Waiting to get in I started chatting to 2 people from England who did the same thing I did. One was a med student and the other was a forensics student (This is the second time I’ve been told forensics is chemistry. It isn’t). They also had heard of and been to BrewDog the night before. The show was decent. The problem I have with sketch comedy is that it has no lasting story to keep you in. Where it lacks that it has a fast paced feel with lots of changing new stuff. This show had its moments so again I’d say it was a quarter good. This wasn’t a win in my books but at least now I know. If you never go, never say it or never step out there you will never know. Theme of the week. The beautiful thing about Fringe is that they are artists and know what’s up. Sadly most people don’t keep an open mind about these things so I’d say go step out of your comfort zone and live a little. Message over.

The timing on this show was brilliant as it ended just as I had to meet Chris. The moment Chris walked in I could tell that something was up and I was right. Luckily him making fun of my recent events cheered him up. That and punching me for knocking cask ale all the time. Glad I could help. We had a quick half and headed out to the Hollyrood 9A for amazing burgers and a quick pint. Sean also met up with us for dinner and then Sean and I headed back to the bar for a few drinks. It might be the last time I see him so we had a good number and dipped into the bottles a bit. As he left Chris and Bruce showed up again as did the guys from Heriot-Watt and little Stewart who works up at the Brewery. Party all night again but I was trying to avoid it since I had an early train. Not happening. I was there until close and got a surprised look from Iain since I wasn’t that drunk (or I tricked him). I’m not sure why but either I’m pacing myself very well or just getting a very high tolerance. That and having real conversations always keeps me a bit sober (by real I mean not bar chat but actual beer and whisky chat). For some reason I’m also very conscious and observant in bars. I spot people who are having a bit too much, see the problems developing and just can’t help watching people. People are so interesting and entertaining. I live by the theory that you only have to regret something if you don’t learn anything from it.

Another late night but this time I had to get up to be somewhere. Thanks for a baller week Fringe. Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment