Friday 1 July 2011

July 1st- Canada Day: Facts and Myths

With it being Canada Day and all I figured that I had to make a post. What kind of Canadian would I be if I didn't? So with this post I'd like to clear up some myths and confirm some facts about Canada, our culture and our people.

Fact: Canada is the best country in the world (in my extremely biased opinion)

Myth: We are part of the US. No we are not. Idiots.

Fact: All Canadians have a statue of Wayne Gretzky in their basements and we pray to it. This is true especially to Americans.

Myth: We say "a-boot." We do not say "a-boot" we say about like anyone else.

Fact: Hockey is the best sport in the world. It is ours. If you disagree, you are wrong.

Myth: Those hats we wear in winter are beanies or just hats. Those are actually called toque's.

Fact: Eh? is a word, and a good one at that. Feel free to use it but make sure you site your sources.

Myth: We all ride moose to school or work. This is not true. In actual fact we no longer do this. It was outlawed in 1972 due to a number of disasterous moose attacks. We now keep our moose at the igloo.

Now that we have cleared up those points I'll share what I'm doing for Canada Day.

I'm working. Some of you may say "you terrible Canadian" but hear me out. I'm working over here, learning to make really good beer so that in a few years when I'm running my own brewery you will all have BETTER Canada Days. Really, you should all be thanking me.

Have a good one, eh?

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I am a Canadian living in Glasgow. I just stumbled across your blog and thought we may be able to work together in some way. I am very familiar with Brewdog as I have been working in liscensed trade in Glasgow for several years. I am throwing the 2nd annual Canada Day Glasgow party. If you are interested in Brewdog maybe taking part in some way ( I know it's very close to the date now, but I just stumbled on your blog now) feel free to contact me alex.middleton83@gmail.com . Even if Brewdog isn't interested in taking part, and to be honest I don't know how they could, feel free to contact me for more details anyway. If you feel my comment here is spam, feel free to delete it. I tried to find a way to p.m. you, but I couldn't see how. Cheers/Slanj, Alex

    ReplyDelete