Sunday 24 July 2011

July 24th- Too Much

I know I skipped the last day of my trip with my parents but I'll tell you all in person since it is that unreal. You need to see me get all bent out of shape with excitement for it to count. Trust me.

I also know most of you are thinking "too much what? beer? this kids an alcoholic."
I'm not, and it has nothing to do with beer.

It just kind of occurred to me that I only have 4 weeks left in Scotland. I've been gone for almost 7 months now and only have one left. I don't know where the time goes. Home maybe? (an old Bill Nye joke from the electricity episode. Yeah, I remember stupid shit from grade 9 science).

I'm currently juggling loads of things, trying to plan for my return and departure for my road trip, I just found another house mate, setting up and paying for my courses, finding time to go visit friends in the US in Sept/Oct and obviously starting to pack my stuff, sort out what I'm doing with days off and deciding what whisky i'm taking home with me (my collection made it home with my parents if you were wondering. that's one less thing to worry about)

I've hit a point where my brain is spinning faster than ever because I have so much to do. I'll be honest, I do kind of like it but sadly there is no one to share my ideas with. I've started to do some serious planning for my future business endeavours, considered where I'm going next year for my placement and reading lots of books that motivate me. I can't wait to get home because I'm sick of the weather here, I need my friends around to listen to my random ramblings about ideas I have and I need stuff to do. I'm actually going bat shit insane stuck in my own head. That is one cost of working for BrewDog: your sanity.

As you can probably tell from the spastic nature of this post I just needed to get some of the shit on my mind out there, even if its only the tip of the iceberg.

If you detox after a trip to feel better (eg. running, eating healthy, cutting down on drinking), do you pretox before a trip? To me pretoxing sounds like you are getting trained up for a trip of liver destroying consumption so is there a word to describe the act of detoxing before a trip. Eating healthy, little drinking and working out before a trip so you fell less bad sounds like a good idea. Can we make a word or just use pretox? I need opinions.

I'll stop vomiting my thoughs onto the page now and let you carry on with your day. I know its sunday and most of you are probably thinking a detox might be a good idea after last night so I hope this sobers you up a bit. In all fairness it will probably just confuse you as much as it has me.

1 comment:

  1. Does this mean we are about a month away from the release of maple porter, and a meet the Brewer night in Brewdog Aberdeen?

    ReplyDelete