Friday 8 July 2011

July 8- Day 2

I know this one is much earlier than last nights but I'm still catching up to this awake during the day thing. Night shift really fucks you up.

Today was a lot less exciting as I had much more sleep but the tired level has remained. It has definitely caused for some tension and I'm fairly ready to get back to work. At least at work I get to hang out with enjoyable people who aren't absolute bitches when the slightest deviation from the norm isn't made. They can also accept being wrong from time to time, something said people here can't.

I guess it is just that I'm way more fun. It seems to be the only logical explanation. Anyway.

Today we headed out from the first hotel, which was a really nice old hotel to the Loch Ness visitor centre and took a tour. I'll be honest, the tour was very well put together and kind of interesting but they didn't show us any Nessie. I was pissed. Also, being in the car for long stretches uttering "keep left" to the driver is very boring. It leaves no time for doing anything else. No nessie, cramped legs and not enough beers by this point. It was still fairly fun though. The west coast is beautiful for anyone who was interested.

After what will be called the "Nessie disappointment of 2011" we headed out to Oban for the night, and more importantly a tour of the distillery. While the tour was very formal and the whisky being good but not great it was nice to see. Again, we had a cute tour guide. It seems to be what gets me through these tours, plus a girl talking about whisky (or beer) tends to be a turn on for me. Just a hint for anyone out there who wants a piece of this. Haha. I got a bottle of Distillery only whisky so this trip is great for the whisky but harsh on my wallet.

After that we went out and grabbed a bite to eat and a few pints. Nothing exciting, nothing special just "family time." I'm so happy I don't live at home anymore. Not that it was bad but I now realize why I moved away from home. For the record I do love my family to bits but I'm thinking another 6 nights might be a bit much. Lets hope I, and they, make it through.

Still have some cool pictures to share but not nearly as awesome as bottling my own whisky. I have however had a few cool inspirations for my brewery and learned a lot about the Ontario beer industry as far as structure goes. This will help.

Well I'm going to leave it at that. Can't wait for Glasgow and Edinburgh, my favourite city, for a few nights of proper boozing and new experiences.

This trip is harder than work. Honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment