Wednesday 18 May 2011

May 11- Edinburgh Again


Following my night with Franzy and Chris I had curry for breakfast and a bit of whisky as well. After a bit of chillin with the 2 of them Franzy and I headed out to catch the bus. I was heading to Heriot-watt to learn about the brewing course and Franzy was going back to the pub. He’s a mad man.

When I got to Heriot-Watt I was lost for about 20 minutes and finally found a map. Once I reached the building no one was there. So I went for an hour walk around campus and found this.



What a great campus. I’m sold already.

I then went back to the offices because they were on lunch and most were still not there but I did find one person to talk to. I got an email and the booklet that outlines the courses we take. Looks cool and I clearly have an advantage over most who enter since I have been brewing for almost 2 months now full time.

I then headed to Cornelius to get a few beers. I stayed for 2 hours talking to Pete, who I apparently met at the BrewDog bar the night before. Thankfully we both forgot names so it wasn’t so bad but I still felt a bit retarded.  We had a good chat about beer, marketing, music and lots of other stuff. We also split 2 beers in the shop, which were both very good. The Gueze was awesome. Thanks Pete.

Then I got back to Chris’s flat with some fish and chips and a deep friend mars bar. It was killer (and might be literally killer in the future. Oh well). As chris went to work I just chilled out, watched a movie and had a beer. Chatted with my parents for a few hours and relaxed a bit. Something you rarely get to do when you travel unfortunately.

Awesome day, lovely city and good beers. I love Edinburgh and I look forward to moving there in a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment