Wednesday 18 May 2011

May 14- Scotch Whisky Experience

I neglected to tell you about this in the Edinburgh post. This place is on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh and is a tour that details the production, variety and some flavours of whisky.

I decided to get on the tour to save my parents and sister the pain of having to sit through it while I'm nearly peeing my pants at the place. You are welcome.

If you have never been to the city and are going to go, this is a cool place to go because you will learn a lot about whisky in general. If you know something about whisky then its still worth the trip.

I didn't learn much while on the tour but this made it all worth while.





THE GREATEST ROOM ON EARTH

This collection is owned by Diageo (one of the 4 share holders in the company) and they house it here. I can't think of a better spot to have it than Scotland. It was a mans private collection of 3300 (give or take) bottles, all unopened. The oldest is from 1897 and the 2nd oldest is from 1902. Amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment