Tuesday 24 May 2011

May 16- Perks of the Job

As most of you know, I probably have the best job on the planet for me and a great job by any standards. I get loads of perks such as free beer, a fun work environment and to work with my hands. I'm part of a cool company who are growing very fast.

This is all stuff I've told you before. These are some of the perks you expect from a brewery and things we all want in our jobs (imagine if everyone gave out free beer to employees. life would be awesome). Free whisky is not something you would expect from a brewing job yet there it is. We get loads of barrels to use for aging our beers and when we open them, most have some product left. From these barrels I have bottles  of Ardbeg from 2003, Laphroaig from 2003, Jura from 1972 (yes, 39 years old) and bottles of Jura from 97.

I'd love to know how much money these cask strength single cask bottles would be worth but the distilleries are willing to just throw it out. I prefer to be the saviour of this whisky. It is much better suited in my stomach than on the ground.

In a way, I'm a hero.

I also happen to have the best job ever and being a hero is just part of the job. Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment