Tuesday 17 May 2011

May 8- Home Brewing


As most of you know and the rest of you can easily put together I love beer. This journey started with a sip of a Pilsner from Toronto, ON with all of my friends around. This brewery is located in the old train round house. If you haven’t figured it out yet, google it.

Now, this simple little sip has clearly shaped who I am and had a drastic influence on my life over the past 2 years. Not only do I love beer but I am obsessed by it.

The step between drinking beer and working for BrewDog was home brewing. If that sounds complicated, I brewed beer at home and you are dense.

I have also recently received the best give ever from my best friend Mike for my birthday and this is a brewing recipe calculator with all the bells and whistles. I’ve already toyed around with it a bit and have started to develop some beers I will be brewing when I get home.

I thought I’d ask if anyone out there want to do some brewing with me when I get home so you can see the process in action and make sense of all the blithering idiocy that spouts out when I talk beer.

I also thought I’d ask if you have any recommendations or ideas for beers I can try and brew. This will be fun for me and I can’t promise anything. If you have a NAME for a beer then I can try and brew a beer to fit it.

I plan on brewing lots next year so you all better be ready for lots of new flavours!

No comments:

Post a Comment