Wednesday 18 May 2011

May 13- Home


I know I blogged fairly recently about missing home and what my reasons were but I’ve learned something within the past few days that has made me miss it even more.

First off, I missed my cousin Brooke’s birthday on the 12th and missed seeing her getting a pie in the face. Nothing like a kid getting a face full of whipped cream. Priceless.

Also, the other night my cousin Blake said to my uncle Bob (something along these lines. Sentences are made up to make sense):

Blake : “Dad, when is Brett coming home?”
UB: “In august, so 4 months from now.”
Blake: “Oh man, now I have to wait for 2 things”
UB: “What is the other thing you have to wait for?”
Blake: “Brent’s cottage”

To most of you, this might not seem like much but to me it means heaps. Brent’s cottage is probably the thing that Blake looks forward to the most, save maybe his birthday and Christmas. For me to rank right up there with that is pretty awesome and seems to confirm George’s prediction that when I get home I’ll be a mild celebrity for a few weeks.

This story made my want to get home sooner just to surprise him. I love shock value but I just can’t afford it. It also made me feel missed for the first time. Of course my parents, friends and other family miss me but when most people say it, it does sound mildly robotic.

See ya soon Blake!

No comments:

Post a Comment