Friday 13 May 2011

May 3- Relationships


I’ll admit it. I do miss being in a relationship but probably not for the reasons you might expect. Most people say, typically jokingly since they can’t actually be honest with people, that they miss the sex. While this is a fairly solid reason to miss it is it isn’t the only awesome part of the whole thing.

What I miss the most is probably having someone to talk to at anytime about anything. In my case it’s typically about beer or some other idiotic rant I’m having but knowing that someone will listen to it is nice. I also like hearing about random shit and making up nonsensical conversations that can stretch out for much longer than necessary (like the topic of how a normal person becoming a prostitute or a junkie can be explained along the same lines of quantum mechanics and thermodynamics. The most useful either of those have been to me in my life was that conversation and it might be the last time). That was a long bracketed off section. Cool.

It is very possible that being in a new country, although settled in, is still quite strange and I do still feel a bit lonely but I’m not a psychologist so I’ll dismiss that. I do know that I’m not the only person who feels like this but I can understand how I’m a tough person to handle at times (from a relationship POV). Especially when I’m drunk or ready to get drunk. No one is perfect, especially my friend Rosemary who likes to think she is (zing), and I’m no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment