Tuesday 17 May 2011

May 9- 4 Months In


Well I was that far in about a week ago but I’ll do this now.

What I find typically happens when I’m not at school and working is that after four months, about this time, I start to dislike my job and want to go back to school. Selling fish sucked because of the fake smile you need to put on for customers, same thing with Brick plus you only get shitty free beer (sorry Matt, not your fault though) and Cameron’s doesn’t count since it was short lived and I did it while at school.

This job is entirely different. It might be due to the different country, even though it feels similar just with new people, or that I’m still romanticized by the experience as a whole but I’m not sick of it. I love my job. I work lots of hours, more than anyone else that I know actually (except a few of the guys here) and make less money. I know this is where I should be making money to pay of school but as long as I can break even I’ll be more than thrilled with it. I learn something new every day and each day is different. Sure, you have similar things to do but I’m making beer. The only person closer to their dream job than I am (I’ve realized my dream job is the Brew Pub brewer for some kick ass brewery) is A Shep. I’m a bit jealous but at the same time, I’m in Scotland.

I could honestly go with staying here and not coming back to school. I’d only be back to see friends and get wasted. I’ve lost my interest in school as of right now but one thing here that shocks me is the attitude towards life. “everyday is a school day” is easily a great quote and nearly sums up my experiences here.

So here’s to me and 4 months (make sure a good beer is in hand). Cheers!

Can’t wait for a Phoenix party MAC crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment