Wednesday 26 January 2011

The PBACS - Peanut Butter and Animal Cracker Sandwich

I know PBACS sounds like a chemical journal, but it is much MUCH better.

It might sound like an odd concept but it is the best. Here is the back story.

The other night I got to the end of my loaf of bread and it was fucked. There were 2 pieces and they were in the shape of a 7 and a triangle. I'm not about to waste food, especially on a brewers salary so I looked around. Peanut butter, chips and animal crackers. And it was born.

So I've spent a few days doing my research and I now feel qualified to tell you how to make one. It is very simple and is 4 steps.

1) What you need - PB, animal crackers and a piece of bread
2) The combination
First spread half of the bread with a thin layer of peanut butter. Apply all animal crackers in a well packed fashion to cover the PB area. Always leave one out for you to make sure they taste ok. This is a delicate operation.
3) The fold
This is starting to sound like a poker game, but it is very simple. Fold the bread over, Should look something like this.
4) Enjoy
This is the simplest and best part, not to mention the easiest. Rock out and eat that shit. Now you can feel like a brewer.

End Notes:
- I used crunchy PB, but smooth will work too
- If your animal crackers have chocolate on half place the chocolate side against the PB for maximum flavour mixing awesomeness
- A beard (or even scruff) makes it taste better, as does a hard days work
- White bread is best as it doesn't impart flavours to ruin the awesome
- Beer pairings are BrewDog Alice Porter, Rip Tide, Paradox, Tokyo or TNP. Pretty much stouts and porters, although a nut brown would also work. Just something rich.

Cheers!

1 comment: