Tuesday 22 February 2011

Beer Dinner


I’m planning a beer dinner for a friend and his flat mate, well 2 friends, that have been more than welcoming to me and have fed me multiple times. I’m sharing what I’m thinking for dinner when I get a chance to reciprocate. Here goes, feedback is very welcome.

Appetizer
Punk IPA Mussels
Made with orange peel and juice, coriander, onions and a bit of pineapple. Cooked in a Punk IPA of course and served with the same. Simple and will get the appetite going. Garlic bread for dipping also available

Main
Fish of some kind
This is where I’m going to need the most help. I was thinking fish and chips in a 5 am Saint batter with the same but I’m not sure if it will fit with the class of the rest of the meal. Might do salmon with a maple beer glaze or something. Not positive but I think both could work. Salmon served with bakes sweet potato fries.

Dessert
Rip Tide Stout Cake
This one is a for sure. I’ve made it once and it was one of the best things I’ve ever eaten. This would be served with an AB:05 or a big heavy stout or sorts. Very rich and deep and would easily fill any extra room that dinner didn’t fill.

So, how are my beer and food matching skills? I’d love feedback and any improvements you may have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment