Sunday 6 February 2011

I Don't Think I Have a Vice


It is true. I really can’t think of a vice I have. Something I reach for anytime I am stressed to get some temporary relief. I think everyone I work with drink coffee compulsively. I’d guess around 5 or 6 cups a day each. This is an insane amount of coffee and I’m pretty sure they need it to survive. This is pretty common among university students too. Everyone drinks coffee to wake up in the morning, stay away all day and then survive exams at the end of the term.

Everyone here also smokes quite a bit. Most of them roll their own cigarettes, which is cool and I’ve never seen it before, and smoke about half or a pack a day. It doesn’ bug me that they smoke but it shocks me. Not because they smoke lots but because they have a need to smoke at work. A few guys never smoke on their days off and only at work. Weird.

This started the discussion if I have a vice. I don’t smoke or drink coffee. Do I eat stupid amount of junk food? No, my snacks are usually apples or granola bars. Do I need my PB and banana sandwich every day? Nope, but I love it to death. I think what we have decided is that my vice is water. I’ll drink a large amount of water at work most days but I don’t need it some days. If my vice is water, could there be a better vice to have? I highly doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment