Friday 11 February 2011

What I Miss


I guess this is for a few days ago.?? I'll catch up, I promise.

I’m just over a month in a there are a number of things I missed really badly at the start. I’m over those but there are other more subtle things I miss that you don’t notice (at least I didn’t) until recently. As you know I’m still in the B&B, which means I don’t have a kitchen. That I miss. When I get one, fingers crossed later this week, I have a list of things I’ll make. Pancakes for breakfast, fish and chips for dinner, a stout cake and homemade doughnuts. Maybe not in that order but they will be made. On the topic of pancakes I miss having Michelle make them for me every weekend. It is nice to get up and (wait around for an hour and eat cereal and then) have pancakes made for you. I also miss eating when I want on my days off. I get up stupid early because the lady who runs the B&B forgets if I’m working or not even when I tell her the day before. Oh well, its good when I have to get up for work. I also miss having people to talk to when I get home and having Internet all the time when at home. Those will change as well soon. I’m starting to miss some of the Ontario beers to be honest. I miss wandering about the LCBO seeing if anything is worth checking out. I’m not saying the beers here are bad, they are quite the opposite, but it just isn’t the same grabbing one from the stock. I like the LCBO and it was always a good weekend venture. I’m missing pubs where you can get a mean and your beer, as it isn’t common here to get both. I miss looking at the tap selection. Here it is usually any BrewDog we can find since most pubs carry shit. I also had a big craving to sit outside on the patio of Phoenix and have a few pints with all my school friends. I have to say end of the week drinking at Phoenix with my friends is the thing I’m missing the most right now. I promise next time we get there that I’ll have lots of stories to tell and it will be a very, VERY drunk night.

No comments:

Post a Comment