Sunday 27 February 2011

I Think Education Needs to Change

For the 24th

Lately I’ve felt that school is kind of wasting my time. I do love school and the people that are associated with it but I don’t like the tests, the work and the feeling that I have to. We are all raised with the “highschool, University and then work” attitude.

What if instead we had to take 2 years off before going to University? Too many people don’t have a fucking clue what they want when they go to school. They are just going because that is how they have been raised and what they feel is expected of them. It is a waste of money and time for most people in the end. If we took 2 years to travel, grow and learn about ourselves wouldn’t we be better off? Yes we may have never met great friends and had some fucked up memories but we would have made up for that with people you have never met and times you couldn’t have. Oh well, you have made your choice.

Can you really get the most out of school and people if you don’t know yourself?? I’d argue no. I’ve learned so much about myself this past week alone. For example: I listend to lots of Blink 182 around my birthday because it reminds me of being a kid and fucking around. It helps ease the feeling of getting older. I’m not afraid of aging on a conscious level but apparently unconsciously I am. Oh well, we are who we are.

Just think about all the things you want to do but couldn’t due to school and expectations. What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment