Saturday 12 February 2011

The Sleeping Bag Technique

So this is for yesterday and I'm almost caught up I think. Here goes


I’m not really sure if this counts as a technique or anything like that but I’m a fan of the name. This is a method I’ve used for sleeping in cold places to maintain maximum warmth. It is a bit stupid andalong the same lines as the PBACS but it has served me well and it might save your life, but probably not.

So here we go. If you are laying bed on your back and your blanket is covering you you need to do the following three steps.

1)   Lift up your legs and get the bottom of the blanket to fold under your feet. This is key as a first step as I’ve tried it with this step last and it just wasn’t as effective.
2)   Roll to one side, I usually roll right, and make sure that the blanket gets under your left side but keep the bottom above this fold.
3)   Lastly roll the other way and get the right side under you feet so that the blanket is folded almost completely under you.

It might be a bit hard to picture and you may feel stupid doing it but I’m telling you it works. Obviously with a thinner blanket it is less effective than with a thicker one but it will still be warmer than just laying there.

No comments:

Post a Comment