Sunday 6 February 2011

Similarities and Differences - TV


This stuff is messed up. It is funny and not nearly as embarrassing as Jersey Shore (which I hope gets taken off the air because everyone on it gets hit by a bus full of AIDS. It is embarrassing to humanity) but some pretty funny concepts.

Did you know that Scary Spice is married, has kids and a TV show? Neither did I but apparently over here it is big. There are commercials for it every break. “Mel B - It’s a Scary World” just makes me laugh. From the commercials I can tell you a few things. She lives in Hollywood now and is working on a new solo CD. She has a big house and isn’t as scary as she used to look. Weird, isn’t it?

Love Bus. Yep, you read that correctly. This show has a blonde girl driving around (terrifying) a giant pink bus (even worse) and picking up strangers to hook up with the person already on the bus. The commercial have a guy in a giant banana suit whom is about 70 pole dancing for a girl. Where do they find people like this to put on TV? Who watches this rubbish and who would pay for this to happen? Clearly the British would.

Tool Academy. This one actually makes me laugh and I’d like to watch this. Girl sign their douche bag boyfriends up to learn how to be gentlemen. These are “bros” who hit on any girl or treat their girlfriends like shit. It looks like they have to do some pretty hilarious shit and I’d love to check it out. But I do have to ask, why would these girls stay with them? Doesn’t make much sense to me but neither does Jersey Shore.

I guess no matter where you go there will always be shit TV. I really hope that these shows don’t make it over to Canada because if that happened I don’t know what I’d do.

No comments:

Post a Comment