Wednesday 23 February 2011

A day in Aberdeen and Diet Update

This is for yesterday. The 22nd.

It started with a 1.5 hour ride on the bus. The busses here have internet on them. Amazing.

I met up with George and he showed me the mall. It was a pretty big mall and the city looks like a combination of Halifax and Toronto. Old grey buildings with all streets sloping down toward the fishing docks littered with the odd new cool buildings and sky scrapers. It was brilliant.

Next we headed to a whisky shop and I got a bottle of Ardbeg 10 year for $65 cad. The LCBO sells it for $100. I love this place. We also sampled a few whiskys and chatted with the owner about the new IPA is Dead he had. We mentioned we were brewers. Great shop and a great guy.


Next we headed to The Wild Boar for lunch and had a few beers. I had a chicken breast with haggis and bacon on top with a nice creamy sauce with chips and veggies. It was ace.

Next we went strolling about on the docks and had a good look at the "fun park." Great.. We also strolled about in the mall and checked out those sick shops with the funny games and gifts. Sweet.
I found this
Score for north america!!

Then we headed to the BrewDog bar. We had lots of different beers and a cheese platter and just chatted. Gotta love the discount. I had some American stuff oddly enough and it was good stuff.

I then headed back on the bus in a nicely drunken state (but not too drunk) and it was great. I love that city. I'll be back.

I also bought my cereal at Tesco and stocked up. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment