Wednesday 16 February 2011

General Update - a Month and a Half


I’ll be honest; I’m surprised with myself. I think the amount of time I’ve been here is the longest I’ve gone without being home or seeing any family or friends in person. I don’t feel homesick and I’m really enjoying being here. I love the job and I just worked 8 days in a row, all 12 hour shifts, because I messed up my work schedule (they changed it on my and I didn’t look carefully) but it is perfect. I have a few great updates to let you know about. I have been moved to brewing full time now, which means I’m learning tons of stuff on a daily basis and it is very practical. There is a decent chance (knock on wood) I’ll be a full brewer before I go for a month or so. That is the best update I have. The other thing is my first night drinking at the flat I’m moving in to. We went right after work and had a bunch of Punk cans and some other IPA is Dead stuff. I crashed on a chair and slept pretty well. My first time crashing somewhere drunk in the UK. It is an odd thing to celebrate but it was a fun night, mostly due to the fact that I was drinking with the guys which made me feel more at home. I saw the politest pass out of all time which was just ace. Keegan honestly leaned to reach for something, said excuse me so Neil moved his foot and then passed out about 5 seconds later. It was very graceful pretty funny to see. I also saw a video of Jack “floating” while he was high. In beer news, I’ve decided I’m going to make a maple syrup pecan porter with the gift that Dave C. gave me before I left. If it is good I’ll brew it again when I get home.

Needless to say I was a bit tired and my head was spinning today. Tonight I have a curry dinner coming up with Dr. D and his flat mate so I’m stoked for that. Andy is letting my borrow his guitar for a few months to play with so I’ll come back a rock star. I’ll let you know how my first curry experience goes but that is for another day.

Feel free to contact me via FB or email if you want to set up skype chat sessions. I’d love to talk to you mofo’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment