Sunday 6 February 2011

My life is tough...


To keep track of!! I’m pretty sure since I’ve been in Scotland I’ve been busier than I am or would be at school. Yes, school has a lot of work too but I feel that this is more.

I’m working 12-hour shifts 4 or 5 days a week, (48-60 hour weeks) which is quite a lot by itself. The most school I have in a week is usually about 24 hours of class with homework on top of that. I don’t think it is anywhere near 60 hours a week. On top of work I’m writing this blog. I’m not saying the writing takes a long time but if I were to guess it is a good 30 minutes a day I spend working on it from idea (which I’m creating a data base of for those days of little inspiration) until I finish the writing of the post. If I get a day behind it is double that. This makes a 12-hour day longer and a day off a bit less boring. I am also keeping a personal journal everyday of my feelings, thoughts and things I’d like to look back on and see myself grow as a person. And of course I’m forgetting the occasional travel, going out to pubs and meeting up with friends I do on my days off. I recently also helped a friend out with a bit on BrewDog for a beer and wine blog he writes for.  Check that out here http://drinkandbemerry91.blogs
pot.com/2011/02/brew-dog-punk-
brewers-straight-out-of.htmlIt might not sound like much on paper but trust me, it is quite a bit of work.

“But Brett, if it is so much work, why are you doing it?” you may ask. Even though it is a good amount of work it doesn’t feel like it. Writing this blog to keep friends posted, drinking and writing about beer and most importantly making it are all great. I’ve realized that what I miss most about home and what I can’t wait to do when I get back is home brew even more. I’m totally infected with brewing and I love it. When what you are doing doesn’t feel like work I think it is called living the dream. If it is, than I’m living the dream right now and I’d much rather do all this work than the amount I do at school even if it is much, much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment