Sunday 20 February 2011

Patience


After my first 6 or 7 weeks here I can’t help but stress that patience is important. Yes I am still in a B&B and yes I do (at least as far as I know) have a place coming but at this point I’m in no rush. It will be better than the B&B for social interaction, ability for me to cook my own food and more regular Internet. But, I’m really in no rush.

I also got my work schedule, pay and vacation time worked out. Yes, it is about 2 months in but patience seems to have paid off. I will be getting 18 paid day off which coincides perfectly with my school allowance and my travel plans with family and see and meet friends.

I also used quite a bit of patience when I was looking for jobs this term. I was very stubborn to not work anywhere but at a brewery and it turned out for the best. I neglected to apply for other jobs like Xerox and drug development companies (which I wouldn’t have gotten anyway) because I love beer. Patience and passion got me to Scotland. Learning and drinking will get me through 8 months without my friends and stories and my friends will get me through Scotland withdrawal. Anyone want to be part of those stories? If so then come here and we are doing the highlands or Belgium this summer. Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment