Sunday 20 February 2011

Getting Older

Getting older can really suck. Arthritis, forgetting shit (although for some it is due to the excessive amount of weed they smoke), smelling bad, diapers and the list goes on. But one really good thing about it is that as you get older age really makes no difference.

I remember as a kid, and i'm sure you do too, that you had a friend that was on your street that was a bit older or younger. When you were both little you were friends and hung out all the time. Then you got to that age where one of you was too old and moved on. Probably due to being "too cool" to hang out with them. One person in specific went back and made out with that friend recently (no names mentioned. I'm being nice. you are welcome) and had no issue with it.

I also have always had much older friends. It started mostly at magic camp as all the better guys were older and they knew the most. I spent time with them as much as possible and I now have only 3 or 4 friends in magic that are younger and others, maybe 20 +, that are older. Some of them by about 10 or 15 years. No one cares at work either. I'm the youngest here and everyone else is older. Actually, all my beer friends are older and they are willing to teach me and get drunk like we are the same age. My best friend at work is 25 and no one gives a shit. It is great. It is too bad we have to go through a mid teen crisis before we realize this but we all come around eventually. I'm at the point where I'm more than happy drinking with my uncle and parents because I remember when that was uncool.

You know what is uncool about not being friends due to age? Everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment