Monday 14 March 2011

March 12 - David Cavan Fraser

This guy is not scottish, english or from this side of the pond. He is actually a local singer and songwriter from Ontario who I stumbled across in first year university.

I remember the night very clearly. He was playing outside between Mills and the student centre and it was there I met Dave C for the first time as he knew my friend Eve. We sat, talked and listened to this guy play originals and covers (some actually not so good). It was a clear night and while most people were out getting shit faced we were there, sober enjoying the more relaxing things in life. He has 1 song that reminds me of my friend Rosemary who goes to Dal in Halifax. The song is called Nova Scotia and the words just make me feel how she must have felt (to a degree) when moving away from home all the way out there. And here I am about twice the difference and the song still applies. Seriously, go out and check this guy out if you can. His website is http://www.davidcavanfraser.com/ and has his upcoming shows on there. Also, if you want to check out his stuff before hand go here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9HrBJFIZfs&playnext=1&list=PL5353E9E1A1DCB706

This ones for me and Rosemary. Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment