Thursday 24 March 2011

March 23- Delirium Tremens

This is a beer identified by its distinctive label consisting of crocodiles, dragons and most notably the famous pink elephants. At 8.5% enough of these will make you see pink elephants. I haven't been that far yet but I may make it a life goal along with Oktoberfest in Munich and Dublin for St Patrick's day. This is the bottle to look for.

This was the first belgian beer that made me like Belgian strong ales, and if it wasn't for the Moorings (sweet pirate bar) and Red, Jack and Franz, I may not have discovered it this fast. I also had their Nocturnum while in Edinburgh and it was amazing.

So you may think that this sounds awesome with pink elephants and a sweet name?

Delirium Tremens is also an acute (read, very bad) form of delirium caused from alcohol withdrawal and will cause the sufferer to hallucinate. It is latin for "shaking frenzy" and I'm sure too many or severe withdrawal would cause these symptoms.

To be honest, I'll stick with the beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment