Wednesday 30 March 2011

March 30- The Sadies

Yep, another band closely related to Blue Rodeo but these guys are much more musically diverse than BR. They do foot stomping fiddle rock and alternative punkish stuff. They do very country stuff and some fairly soft mellow tunes. You really don't know what to expect.

I first saw them at a concert with Blue Rodeo at a festival in Paris (ontario, not france. fucking french people) and they were just before BR. I will be honest I may have liked them better since they were so new and so everywhere. I instantly went out and bought a few of their CD's and I haven't stopped listening to them for a while now. They have a song to fit any mood and a lot of energy when they are live. Let alone set in a field on a sunny day with a few good friends and a crowd of other music loving pirates. I love outdoor shows and I hope to see more while I'm here.

Check out the sadies here. Take note of the baller suits and the stand up bass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2hq6gM5znc&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment