Monday 7 March 2011

March 7- Again, I am caught up

Well after a whirlwind of a birthday and weekend here I am caught up again after a week of falling behind. I've posted a few pics on my FB of me and martin on the bar at BrewDog last thursday night. I look a wee bit demonic but its still a cool photo.

To celebrate me being caught up I'm going to share the list of the top 5 new beers I've had since I've been here.

5. BrewDog Chaos Theory
This one could be replaced a few IPA's as a top 5 is hard but it stands tall. A beer hopped only with Nelson it is bitter, balanced, fruity and all around the shit. One of the best BrewDog beers we produce. Can't wait for the next batch.
4. Nogne O Imperial Brown Ale
Had this at the bar and it was fantastic. Malty, rich, complex and so much going on. Let it warm up to just below room temperature and you really get the spicy notes. My first reaction was chocolate and cara malts.
3. BrewDog Tokyo*
Close to the last one and the next one. A very high abv beer with lots of nice fruity sweetness (cherries?) with no overpowering, taste bud numbing alcohol at all and a nice subtle oak presence. Very dangerous. A great bottle to share with a friend or 2.
2. Stone Sublimely Self Righteous Ale
Had this at the bar after a great MUSA dinner with James, Martin, Franz, Dempster and the guy from Molson-Coors. Very thick, heavy, rich and loads going on.
1. Lost Abbey The Angels Share Brandy Cask
One of the best beers I've ever had. There is a perfect balance of sweetness, oak flavours, cherries and alcohol in this bad boy. One of the most unique experiences of my life and what I'm holding while on the bar with Martin at midnight.


Beer lists are an ever changing phenomenon and I know mine will change again within a week or 2 but when you have so many great beers all the time, picking 5 is like pulling teeth. You don't want to leave out the really good ones but you have to share the amazing ones and the fact that they can easily swap places makes it no easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment