Wednesday 2 March 2011

March 2 - I'm Caught Up!!!

Yes, I'm finally caught up. This post is for today and is going to be about beer.


I was actually going to do something totally different than I'm about to but I was just inspired about a minute ago.


Ghost Brewing - having a brewery where you don't actually brew yourself but you get your recipes made by others. Lazy of brilliant? Both.


You could really argue both and it depends what kind of person you are. I'd like to have my hand in the brew but there are many ghost brewers that do very good beers. Mikkeller makes some wicked stuff and BrewDog brews it. His twin brother owns Evil Twin Brewing and we have his IPA and stout in tanks right now. They are both shaping up.


Now for the one most beer geeks may not have heard of. To Øl Black Ball. WTF is that? It is a very good porter I had for the first time tonight. The brewery is out of Denmark, where Mikkeller and Evil Twin are based, and is owned by another assistant brewer at BrewDog. Tobias drew up this recipe and it turned out very well. Fruity smelling, dark and a bit smokey with some nice chocolate and coffee flavours as well as notable hops. A really good example of a craft porter. This is the third (I think) of his beers and from what I understand and hear the others are very good as well. Can't wait to try them. Since this brewery is small it is very limited distribution but if you find yourself in a spot where you can grab one, DO IT!! You will not be disappointed. Do me, him and yourself a big favour and check out the website. The videos are brilliant. http://www.to-ol.dk/ and some reviews here http://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/to-ol/12119/ .


Cheers Tobias

No comments:

Post a Comment