Sunday 13 March 2011

March 9th - Birds of Tokyo


Today is long overdue and thanks to Pat calling me lazy (which I'll admit, I am a bit) I'm going to try and do a better job of keeping it up.

Birds of Tokyo is a band from Perth, Australia. No, unlike most bands we hear from the land down under they aren't like AD/DC. They have their own sound and are really modern. They play a mix of soft rock with a slight hip hop beat at times with a traditional rock style which works very well. They have a number of albums, I believe 4 to date, which have done very well in their home country. These guys were introduced to me by Red and Jack at the brewery as typical shift/mash in music. I currently have 2 albums from them and am rather enjoying them as I type this. I realize that these band posts are a wee bit short and that they could have more substance but I feel that rather than me blabbing about these guys it is better if you hear them and make your own decision. You are a much better judge of what you like than I am but I feel that all I need to do is put it on the table and give you the option.

Check out their song “Wild Eyed Boy” (well, it isn’t their song, it is a cover of David Bowie) here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XQNAjD70ME

No comments:

Post a Comment