Wednesday 30 March 2011

March 29- My third concert

I'm not actually sure what my third concert was but I think it was Blue Rodeo at Centre in the Square.

I was there with UB, Lisa and Michelle and we had some pretty sweet box seats (thanks to Michelle's hook ups I think). The concert had an opening band Cuff the Duke (who I've mentioned a day or 2 ago) which were initially thought of as baby Blue Rodeo, making me see why they were selected as the opening band.

It started off with a guy walking on, turning on a street light and then heading to a chair and selecting a record to put on. It was not Blue Rodeo and he got a few boos and a few laughs.

When Blue Rodeo came on they kicked him off of the stage and started off with a handful of slow songs with just acoustic guitars and a snare drum. I was unimpressed as I wanted to see a more rock show. When the backing band left Keelor and Cuddy to jam a bit I knew something was up and then BAM, the curtain fell and they pumped it out. Badass opening to a show. They played through a number of old, new, fast and slow songs and hit everything bang on. They might be as good, if not better, live than on CD. Purely amazing. They encore was also quite great as they played my favourite song at the time to kick it off and I correctly predicted there would be 3 songs and not 2 and guessed what 2 of the 3 would be.

I've seen them 2 times since then, once at an outdoor festival and once at an airport (weird eh?) and they were just as good both times. They are a band I will never be able do dislike as they have really helped my develop my variety of musical tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment