Monday 7 March 2011

March 6- Kate Rusby

Kate Rusby is a fold musician from England who does a very traditional style of folk. It is pretty amazing actually. I'd say she is a more traditional folk musician with the typical topics of love and friendship. It is very nice to have a relaxing musician like this to listen to. It is very happy and usually upbeat. It just makes me happy and that is really all I can say to describe it. She has the lyricism of Bob Dylan but sounds much better and has a very soft voice. She, like pretty much all other music I've started to enjoy here, was intorduced to me by George. It turns out that the music scene over here is as undiscovered by North America as the beer scene. All I do it seems is learn about new musicians and new beers. I know I've said it before but this has been the best learning experience of my life and overall not much, if any, of it has to do with chemistry. Learning about life >> learning about chemistry. That was my application of math for the day.

Check out Kate with this song (not a real music video) Awkward Annie and tell me you don't feel a bit happier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyFc-pbcO94

No comments:

Post a Comment