Monday 11 April 2011

April 10- It’s off to Leeds I go


Today was absolutely amazing. I got up early and bummed around Kerry’s house for a few hours, of course reading magic books and hanging out with her cat while she went out for a run (simultaneously making me feel like a lazy out of shape hobo). When she got back it was pretty much time to hit the road for me to make my bus.

Everything was fine and I got there with about 20 minutes to spare. Go inside and the ticket machine can’t read my card. So I frantically run to the office and get my tickets which thankfully was no issue.

As I say goodbye to Kerry and grab all my stuff I was a bit sad because I easily could have stayed longer but with both of us on a set number of days off that really wasn’t an option.

The rest of my day was filled with travelling. First a bus to Birmingham and then a train to Leeds. I’m in a hotel for a few nights, which don’t have free internet (and I’m not fucking paying for it) so this will go up after my adventures.

I headed down to the area in Leeds called the Brewery Wharf as it is a little village area beside the water and the Tetley’s Brewery filled with cool pubs, nice restaurants and some awesome looking apartments. I could live here and with a name like “Brewery Wharf” it just calls to me. I ended up at a restaurant called Ciao Bella for some Italian. I had a nice salmon pâté and a breaded haddock fillet (not deep fried), which were very good. I then headed back to PIN a little café restaurant directly beside Ciao Bella where I initially attempted to get food because it had a Leeds Brewery frosted glass design thing on the window. I figured since I’m heading to the brewery tomorrow I might as well try a few of their beers before I go.

After stepping in a chatting with the bartender we finally established that I was a brewer who was going to meet Viki and worked for BrewDog. This came out after a bit of snooping and asking how the BrewDog beers were selling. Chris is an awesome guy and invited me to stay for another pint and chat a bit more. He also knew I was Canadian which makes him a champion. Of course I did because I had nothing else to do except cry myself to sleep (sarcasm is hard when typing). After what I can only guess was another 3 pints (instead of 1) we headed off to another pub which I have no recollection of the name with Doug, the head chef. We stepped inside and one of the owners of Leeds Brewery was there. After grabbing another pint there Chris headed off and doug and I went to another pub again for a few pints and a whisky. After what I can only remember being a long time I headed back to the hotel and crashed pretty hard. What I expected to be a quick pint and chat with Chris turned into a night full of drinking.

Chris and Doug were so great about it and I think I should send them down a 12 of BrewDog as a thanks. What do you think? Cheers gentlemen.

No comments:

Post a Comment