Friday 29 April 2011

April 26- Reflections From a Month of Night Shift


Going into this past month I was very pumped since everyone here seems to love night shift more than days. I was a bit scared that my sleep pattern would be too fucked up and I’d die every night just due to lack of sleep. I was wrong. I managed to get my body into the rhythm and it only took about the whole month. I have one more night of work before I’m back on days for May and I’m looking forward to it in some ways. Here is the break down.

Pros of nights
·      -No office staff to ask you daft questions about things you don’t know or care about
·      -The people I was working with were great
·      -Night shift gives you the energy to party all night no problem since you just have breakfast beers and they feel natural
·      -It feels cool to change your body clock
·      -Skype dates are easier with friends from home
·      -Sunrises are beautiful and happen about 5 am now. Early eh?

Cons
·      -The weather has been amazing and miss it all
·      -Days off can be hard because you just want to go to sleep
·      -It is hard to jog at midnight on days off
·      -It is colder than days
·      -You feel like you are sneaking around in the dark when you are doing your work at times
·      -More chaos tends to happen with the brew house getting shut down and everyone on packaging. These things are just unavoidable
·      -Getting to the bank and working out office stuff is a bitch when you just want to go to sleep
·      -While the vibe is fun it can also be depressing since all you see is darkness

No comments:

Post a Comment