Friday 8 April 2011

April 5- It’s Gonna be a Good Flying Day. Travel Day 1


So I’m not flying but I am travelling down to England to see 2 friends: One from Uni and one from magic connections. These people are awesome and I’m excited to see a few familiar faces for the first time in 3 MONTHS!! I can’t believe it has been that long because it just seems like yesterday I was at home writing exams then a few weeks for Christmas and seeing friends. This means 2 things. This will be over before I know it (sadly) and also it will be over before I know it (happily). I’m sure you can figure out my reasons for both sides but I’ve thought about staying here longer or coming back because it is such a fun place to work.

Anyway, my travelling was like this. I got off work at 8 am, darted home (with a cheeky beer in hand) and got a quick shower and food. I then hit up a bus at 9:30 to arrive in Aberdeen by 11 (even though my train was at 1) but I had a plan. I kicked about, got a bite to eat and waited until 12 when BrewDog Bar opens. I was there right away and the place was empty (the first time I’ve seen that). I had a quick ½ pint of Stone Sublimely Self Righteous Ale and a third of BrewDog Raspberry Wheat over the course of about 30 minutes. Neil is the new manager and actually has STOLEN my idea and talked to James and the crew about it. He did steal it with my permission though and I really don’t care because it is a great idea. He is going to have a brewer down to the bar every 2 weeks or so do pour a few pints, chat with customers and do a guided tasting or 2 while there. This is something I just wanted to do but Neil ran with it. This gives the brewers a good feeling of what people really think of the beers we make, allows us to see the appreciation there is for what we do and a chance to get the hell out of Fraserburgh.

Back to the point here. I then got on my train to Edinburgh, waited for about 45 minutes and got some food then my next rain to Manchester was off. The whole travel time was about 7 hours, of which I might have slept about 3 so when I got there I was running on very VERY little sleep but it was ok. Brittany and I headed out for Chinese and it was amazing. We then went to the pub and met an Irish guy (who thought we were Irish because we sound it apparently) and I got him worked up about Ireland, his knowledge of history and his endless sexist jokes. The guy was mental but hilarious. We then headed back to her res and just hung out for a while. I’m sure we did something else but I can’t recall. I only had 1 pint (hobgoblin on cask) this night. I felt the next few days would be pretty boozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment