Friday 29 April 2011

April 23- Maple Beer Update


Many weeks ago James posted on the BrewDog blog, and I linked it, that I made an explosive batch of Maple Syrup porter with Tobias. Well as of a week ago we finally bottled it and for being such a pain to clean up (sorry Red and Jack) it turned out half decent. Sure you still get the yeastiness but you also get the nice chocolate roasty flavours and a nice hint of sweetness from the malt as well. Good hop balance but sadly nothing from the syrup.

We will be doing another batch, hopefully this month, for launch in a month or 2. We can take feedback and improve the recipe. If it turns out you can bet I’ll brew it at home in September for all of you to try. I also have a tons of other brewing planned for Hamilton. I’m thinking about 1 every week or 2? So if you’ve ever wanted to brew (and of course drink) with me, I’m sure you will have a chance.

I’ll start the bidding at a 6 pack of Hoptical Illusion sent to me over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment