Friday 8 April 2011

April 7- Marble Arch Brewery


I spent today walking around the city again and checkout the city centre but most importantly I made it to Marble Arch pub (which is associated with Marble Brewery). I went in and it is a quiet old man pub but those are the pubs I like. I grabbed a pint and sat down to have it. They also have a really cool beer list. I then chatted with the bar maid and said I was a brewer and she sent me down to the brewhouse to take a look. The brewers were very busy cleaning up at the end of the day so I just poked my head in and looked around. I then went back to the bar and she said the brewers also tend to come up and do a tasting and chat. So I hung around and waited for them to get up. I ended up chatting with Colin, a head/lead brewer for about 1.5 hours and I stayed an extra hour and a half because he kept giving me pints and samples of the stuff they have. They do mostly cask stuff but again, it is a good brewery and they make ace stuff. We exchanged lots of info about beer, brewing, who we work for and contact info. I was lucky enough to try the “Decadence” they release for winter every other year. It still has 8 or 9 months to age until then but it was a really nice imperial stout (7.5% abv) and I hope I can manage to snake a bottle at some point. This was easily the high light of my trip and I stick with what I’ve always thought. Brewers are the coolest people. Case closed. If you get a chance to try some Marble Beers I would do so because they are well worth it and they are bottle conditioned so there is carbonation.

I also went out after this and showed up a bit boozy but the night wasn’t too exciting. Marble was much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment