Saturday 16 April 2011

April 12- And at the end of it all…


Today is my last day off. Here I am right now at 5:30 am (on the 13th) watching the Godfather in my attempt to stay up all night and get back into night shift mode. I’ve been up for 21.5 hours now with an hour or so of sleep on the train.

My day has been mostly consumed by travel. First it was Leeds to Edinburgh for 3 hours and then Edinburgh to Aberdeen for 2.5 all ending with a bus to Fraserburgh for 1.5 hours. 7 hours of travelling in a day and staying up all night is a bitch.

My stop in Edinburgh was 2 hours so I popped down to the BrewDog bar for a quick beer and a pizza (mildest level still burned like a bitch) but was quite good. After getting to Aberdeen I headed to the bar again for a quick beer. I stayed from 6 until 10:30, helped out with a tasting and chatted with a few people. It was kind of nice to start and end my trip in the same location.

I did manage to bring back more beer than I came with which is always nice but I had to carry it in my bag and carry clothes in the BrewDog box. I’ll be stocked up for a while. I’m sorry this isn’t exciting, witty or funny but I’m honestly dying and surprised I’ve made it this long.

I have learned quite a few things on my travels. I’ll share them

1)   Travelling (facing) backwards on a train is like living life forwards.
2)   5 days ago seems like forever and 3 months ago seems like yesterday. Hindsight is a bitch.
3)   As much as I love travelling I don’t think I could do it forever.

There are probably more but I’m done. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment