Friday 8 April 2011

April 4- Check This Author Out


I know some of you will have read this author many times over, I might have even mentioned him on here before (I think I have actually) but I can’t stress it enough.

Malcolm Gladwell. Malcolm Gladwell. Malcolm Gladwell.

If you forget it now you are an idiot because I said it 3 times. If you haven’t heard of this guy then you need to go out and buy at least 1 of, if not all 4 (maybe 5 now?) of his books. Care how epidemics spread and how you can get a message out? Tipping Point is the one you want. Think of the business and marketing applications of this… Ever wondered how or why we make snap judgements of we know things but can’t explain them? You want Blink. It will help you realize how to use these judgements, when they are you friend and when they fail you. You will also find some good music (Kenna) and a few facts about you that you didn’t even know were facts about you. Want to know the story of success? Outliers is your book and again, think what this could do for you business and marketing and everything that you might do that relies on succeeding. The last (4th) book is excaping me right now but I’ll be honest I haven’t read it.

I say that osme of these are the ones you want for specific things but really you want them all. It is kind of like Pokemon. Gotta get ‘em all.

No comments:

Post a Comment