Saturday 16 April 2011

April 13- Back to it

Travelling was awesome but sometimes there is nothing like getting back to work. I know it sounds crazy but it is a bit like mildly wanting to get back to school in September. Not for the work but more for the people. Although going back to work is about the work for me as well, I am happy not to be catching trains every 2 days to head off to another place.

I’ll be honest, I wouldn’t mind going home (to Ontario, I’ve started calling Scotland home while travelling) because I just learned that my grandma passed away yesterday. I’m usually not one for expressing my emotions to large amounts of people but I was sad but not surprised. I’m happy to say she went quietly.

This is one of those things where I’m brutal at making decisions. Before I left my parents asked me if someone died whether I’d want to fly home for the funeral. I of course said no because really there is no point and the time and money it would cost isn’t worth it for anyone. It isn’t that I don’t care, it’s that it wouldn’t change the fact. I obviously said this with my “it won’t happen” attitude. Now I’d kind of like to be home with them. Funny how things are so simple until they happen sometimes, eh?

I’d also like to say, on a much brighter note, my sister is now 19 and better be training her liver for when we go drinking because I do plan on destroying her.

I figured the least I could do would be to have a drink for them both. Instead of having 2 I just had 1 because I was tired but Sandra, Grandma this ones for you.

More than I’ve ever meant this before: Cheers, you rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment