Friday 8 April 2011

April 8 - Off to Newent

Today I moved on. Not from beer or anything like that but from Manchester to Newent for the next leg of my journey.

Everything went flawlessly (I've been really lucky so far) and I am pretty happy to have such great friends all over the UK so I have a place to stay. It is ace.

Kerry scooped me from the station and luckily we recognized each other (because I have a beard and we have only met once). We said our hello's and headed to Tesco for some food. We caught up a bit on the way but when we got home she filled me in on her life and I was quite surprised. We sat and chatted for a solid 2 hours and just joked and chatted about everything and anything. It was great (no tea involved. it wasn't tea time). Then we headed out for dinner with the famous Andi Gladwin and his wife Sarah to the Toby Carver (I think) and it was such a great meal. It is where many famous magicians eat when they get here (Lee, Aaron, Tyler etc.) so I feel privileged to be raised to that guest status.

We then returned to the house and laughed at some really bad puns and just random stuff. I like meeting professional magicians (or any professional) and NOT talking about their profession. I get to know people that way, not performers. I really felt like we were friends before tonight and that I've met them all many times before. We then watched some comedy and chatted after Andi left. It has been too long since I've just sat and chatted with someone. All my good friends and I need to have a nice 1 on 1 chat when I get home, cool? Just let me know if you feel you are at that level.

Kerry has been a great host and is one of the nicest people I know. I'm happy she is a friend and that she can put up with me. Why do I have the best friends?

More Newent tomorrow and then who knows after that. Leeds is coming, and so is Beerritz.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment