Friday 8 April 2011

April 3- First nightshift


I was told the best way to switch over was to get really drunk and just sleep it off ALLLLL day long. That didn’t sound like it would be a good idea since I’d be tired, feel a bit dodgy and have to do work. I was also told the best way was to just stay up all night and sleep like a boss that day. I didn’t have the energy to stay up all night after a 12-hour shift. My solution? Combination. I went drinking after work and got a decent amount of boozy (plus I ate a lot) then stayed up with my flat mates and watch them get on an adventure to another planet (in their heads). I woke up normal time the next day and did some running around and then I went back to bed for about 6 hours. It seemed to work fine but I did hit a wall around 5 am. After that you just get foggy and walk around (like my cousin Jon) in a daze. It is very odd working all night long, having 8 am beers as a normal and natural occurrence.

But I’ll be honest: It is amazing. As much as I love our office staff I do like not having to listen to or deal with any shit that isn’t my job. I don’t need them to ask me about stock since I have no idea (which they still don’t get), I don’t need to be asked to pack boxes for them to send to customers because they don’t want to. It isn’t that I dislike helping, it is just nice not having to do it all the time. Night shift is just no bullshit get your work done time and man, it is sweet. I’m sure it wouldn’t be as great if I had other things to do here aside from work but I don’t. The stars look good too. There is nothing like a few minutes to look off into the sky while working except maybe a sunset to top it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment